Monitor Arms & Wall Mounts
Monitor arms and wall mounts are hardware accessories used to mount computer monitors or displays securely on a desk or wall, respectively. They provide flexibility and ergonomic benefits by allowing users to adjust the position, height, and angle of their monitors for optimal viewing and comfort.
Monitor Arms: Monitor arms, also known as monitor stands or monitor mounts, are typically attached to the edge of a desk or tabletop using a clamp or grommet mount. They feature adjustable arms and brackets that hold the monitor in place. The key benefits of monitor arms include:
- Flexibility: Monitor arms allow users to adjust the height, tilt, swivel, and rotation of their monitors. This flexibility enables users to find the most comfortable and ergonomic viewing position, reducing strain on the neck, back, and eyes.
- Space-saving: By elevating the monitor off the desk surface, monitor arms free up valuable desk space. This can be particularly useful in compact work environments.
- Improved collaboration: Some monitor arms support multiple monitors, enabling users to position their displays side by side for enhanced productivity and collaboration.
Wall mounts, as the name suggests, are designed to attach a monitor directly to a wall. They offer similar benefits to monitor arms but with the advantage of saving desk space entirely. Key features and benefits of wall mounts include:
- Space efficiency: Wall mounts eliminate the need for a desk or tabletop, making them ideal for small workspaces or rooms with limited surface area. By mounting the monitor on the wall, the desktop area is freed up for other purposes.
- Clean and organized setup: Wall mounts create a clutter-free and organized environment by keeping cables out of sight. They often have cable management systems that help route and conceal cables, resulting in a neat and professional appearance.
- Versatility: Wall mounts can accommodate various monitor sizes and weights, depending on the specific model. Some wall mounts offer tilting and swivelling capabilities, allowing users to adjust the viewing angle to their preference.