1. Download Template
To create a new quote, go to my Quotes, download the template and input the stock numbers, MPNs and/or descriptions of each product. You can upload a parts list (bill of materials) up to 500 lines or a file size no larger than 256KB.
2. Upload Data
Once you have uploaded your parts list (bill of materials) or manually entered the line required, you will need to ensure that the data is in a format that can be easily matched.
- For example, you will need to indicate where you would like us to start matching product data from in your uploaded file.
- If you have chosen to Upload a File, you may have some headings you wish to ignore/ match against as these will return irrelevant results. You have the option to ignore these rows and start matching your parts list (bill of materials) from the product data you have entered i.e. RS Stock Number, Manufacturer Part Number, etc.
- You will now be required to select the relevant headings for the data you have entered. This will ensure the results returned on the parts list (bill of materials) that have been scrubbed are relevant and the best matches found. Please note that the quantity field is mandatory, as well as either the RS Stock Number, Manufacturer Part Number or Description fields. Please note, that only columns with headings selected will be taken forward for matching.
- When saved, your parts list (bill of materials)/ quote will be available for you to view at any time within the My Quotes area. You can choose to save and return to it later at any time.
- Alternatively, you can opt to Type in Details, such as Cost Centres, Part Numbers and Target Price information if required.
3. Match Products
Once you have loaded your parts list (bill of materials) to be matched, you can get a quote. This will match against the entire product range of over 750,000 products.
When matched, your list of products will be shown as a traffic light system.
- Green is accepted – the product that you entered is a match.
- Amber is a potential match – these are products that we think match the information you have given us, such as Description, Manufacturer Name, Manufacturer Part Number or it may be that we offer a different option i.e. Production Packaging option. If the potential match is acceptable to you, please click Accept.
- Red is for unmatched – we cannot find a match against the information you entered and are looking for, or we do not sell that particular product as part of our core range. However, you may **Edit Details **to enter more details about the product that you are looking for, e.g. the manufacturer or manufacturer’s part number, for us to find and provide a match for you.
If you have lots of products on your matched list you can select how you wish to view them:
- Show all matches
- Show only 'Accepted' matched only
- Show Potential Matches only
- Show Un-Matched Only
The latest price and stock availability will be shown for the first matched item. Click View Full Product Details to see price and stock availability for additional lines.
4. Place an order or request further matching
When you are happy with your matches you have 3 options available to you:
- Add accepted items to your Shopping Cart - Adding accepted items to your order pad will enable you to continue to check out and order online in the normal way.
- Fix the prices for 30 days - your quote will then be listed in your 'My Quotes' tab where all of your quotes will be. This quote will now have a reference number and will show the price of the quote, excluding GST and the date the quote is valid.
- Request Full Quotation - If you wish to negotiate further discounts with our Flexible Pricing Team or require further product matching, select the 'NEGOTIATE on large orders' option. You will then be shown a pop-up window asking for the date you require a response and you can add comments as you wish.