We stock an array of test connectors that can be used for all of your measurement and testing needs. Our range of test connectors, test plugs, clips, probes, and adapters can be used for application in many situations; industrially, scientifically, and also for learning or teaching.
What are test connectors and their uses?
Test connectors are used with test and measurement equipment such as multimeters, test leads and oscilloscopes so they can inspect and test for issues. They’re often used to test whether the various components such as cables are being used in the circuit have a connection problem and not a fault with the system or a different component, testing can be done as a part of quality control with a test item from a large stock of product. Test connectors are also used as a standard when testing electrics, and there are many components available. Besides testing for quality control, the development side contains a significant amount of testing. Devices are continuously tested for safety and durability, and to make sure the device is meeting the current, voltage, and resistance requirement.
Types of Test Connectors
- Banana Connectors - which can be linked to form a circuit that can provide a high-quality connection. They’re commonly used for connecting sound systems or tv surround systems. Many configurations can be accomplished with these connectors with couplers, jacks and sockets.
- Pneumatic or Spring Test Probes - provide a high spring force and can be used in automated test applications.
- Binding Posts - used in testing electronic devices from either a single wire or a test lead. Connections are made through bare wires, connectors such as banana connectors, spade lugs and pin connectors.
- Crocodile clips - designed to clip onto a test lead and connect directly to an electrical component.
- Terminal Posts – designed for joining or connecting wires to equipment. Terminal posts are used in several applications such as power supplies, speaker cables, test and measurement equipment and batteries. Terminal posts are available in a range of current ratings, thread sizes and lengths.