Polishing and finishing is a crucial step in completing any professional or DIY project to a high standard. It's all about adding that final aesthetic flourish, or cleaning up materials, components, edges and surfaces for better functionality and a slick overall presentation.
What types of finishing and polishing products are available?
- Polishing compounds - abrasive particles suspended in an oil- or water-based medium, used to enhance and restore the appearance of metal items or to remove contamination, corrosion and oxidisation.
- Deburring tools, handles, blades and wheels - ideal for precise, high quality finishing on metalwork and machining jobs. We also sell deburring products for use on wood, plastic, ceramics or metal.
- Wire wool and finishing rolls - steel wool pads and aluminium oxide rolls are flexible and easy to cut to size for prep work, blending, cleaning, sanding and varnishing.
- Polishing bobs, mops and pigtails - polishing or buffing bobs and mops are made from compressed wool felt, cotton or sisal, and designed to work with rotary polishers, grinders or drills.
- Sanding blocks and sponges are a popular steel wool alternative for light-duty cleaning, prep work and finishing on wood, fibreglass, vinyl, plastic, concrete or ceramic.
- Honing steels are used for balancing, rather than sharpening, worn blades - although they're also known as sharpening steels, sharpening rods/sticks, or butcher steels, and your blade will usually appear sharper after use.
- Rasp sanders and abrasive files for precision removal of surface materials.
Whether you're looking to clean up plasterwork or metals, produce an extra-fine finish on wooden surfaces, or hone a blade to a perfect cutting edge, we stock a range of quality sanding and sharpening products to get the job done right.